job description and application beloW (share with contacts!)
Raising investment as a startup is challenging. The European startup ecosystem is underfunded (approximately £4.5bn per annum in the UK).
ADV is building a digital platform to democratise access to investment for entrepreneurs. We bring large financial institutions into venture capital and invest at scale through our platform into startups and funds.We’ve built v1 of our platform and have made almost 70 investments in two years through it. Now we need a technology, startup and design enthusiast to help us move to v2 and beyond.
Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, operators, investors and engineers and we’ve built, scaled or exited globally successful companies such as ARM Holdings, PlusNet and TechCrunch.
We want ADV and the startups we back to be mentioned alongside these names. And we want your help to get there.
About this role
We’ve spent the last two years building the back end of a platform that allows us to make investments of all sizes quickly and efficiently.
Now we want to build the front end. For that we need a driven, front end software developer with a creative mind.
You’ll need to:
- Use your creative experience and empathy for users to develop beautiful user experience for our products
- Work with Product Managers and Software Developers to translate problems into elegant solutions
- Create elegant wireframes and prototypes
- Test current and new user interface designs
- Build out your designs in collaboration with the wider platform team using the latest technologies
- Become an integral part of a dynamic, transparent and non-hierarchical team of individuals
- Building successful relationships with team ADV:
- Be part of a remote working organisation which necessitates the need for excellent communication skills and mastery of Trello, Google Docs and Slack
- Employ the relevant lean product development and agile delivery methods that are pertinent for ADV
- Continually learn and be open to new opportunities and ideas
Here are the desirable experience and qualifications we’d like you to have:
- An ambition to build an industry-defining platform
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team efficiently
- At least 3 years demonstrable experience of building & developing software using:
- REST, 3rd Party Web Services and API’s
- Demonstrable experience in a UX or visual design role
- Hands-on experience using design & wireframing tools (e.g. inVision, Illustrator, Sketch, Axure, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Advantage if you have experience in Lean UX, the principles and the application within a design process
- Confidence to present and explain your ideas
- Ability to grasp user needs and consider practical solutions
- Able to prioritise tasks and balance workload
- Comfortable using design tools of your choice
As well as the opportunity to be fundamental in democratising access to capital for European entrepreneurs, we offer:
- Up to £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- 30 days holiday (in addition to statutory holidays)
- Option to buy into the company
- Long term share options scheme
- Private medical cover
With the exception of salary, all rewards are subject to successful completion of a three month probation period.
To learn more please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
ADV is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. You must be eligible to work in the UK with a valid visa or work permit.